Friday, March 14, 2008

Freshwater Pirate Designs is new to Etsy

As my first official post to my blog, I wanted to tell you a little bit why I am here and what I hope to accomplish. I started this blog to tell people a little bit about myself while promoting my new jewelry line on etsy, Freshwater Pirate Designs:


http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5590130

I have been making jewelry for myself, my family, and my friends for many years now. My husband began encouraging me to take my creations to a wider audience and let other people have the chance to enjoy them for themselves...so here I am! I hope to learn some new metal working techniques in the future, so what is starting with mostly wire and bead jewelry will I hope turn into some pretty multi-faceted designs. I also have visions of incorporating many recycled and found items in the near future...I have got some pretty exciting projects started at home, so stayed tuned!

Why Freshwater Pirate Designs? What's with that name?

I live in Duluth Minnesota...I moved here about 1 1/2 years ago with my husband and my cat. I own an awesome little house from 1917 and just generally think this area is amazing! The outdoor activities are fantastic: hiking, skiing, canoing, kyaking, snowshoing, dogsledding, and on and on and on... Anyway, Duluth sits on the edge of Lake Superior--you have to see this lake to believe it. Amazing! Provides us with some tasty drinking water in addition to great boating and scenic opportunities. And the sunrises over the lake...wow... Here's a pic from my office this January--not retouched:



Anyway, I spend a lot of time either on the lake, looking at the lake, or thinking about the lake...and started thinking about pirates taking over our large unsalted sea! Adventure on the high sea! So, call it imaginative or call it strange, but that is what I am going with!


I'm gonna sign off for now...but check out my etsy page for more info. Send me a conversation and let me know you stopped by!

No comments: